Swimming Through Sludge

The intoxication of your breath
dowsed in cigarettes and booze
flood your thoughts with utter rubbish
A stick from a branch, A bottle from the glass
You make no sense, Rant, Mumble & Fall.

I dive in through the doorway of your mind
to a darkness that whispers my name
luring me in with it’s holding of secrets
I swim past the veins, alcohol full

take a lung full of oxygen to keep sober
and kick with great force as I pull my way
through the blackened green sludge.

I can’t see, there’s no light to help
I wipe my mask, for clarity
suddenly the secrets begin to unfold

Photo’s… Holiday snaps, a home, happiness
but they’re not me… I’m not there
I’m nowhere to be seen

They’re you and another
Another I do not know

Through the mask I gaze
like watching a film

The only recognition I make
apart from you

is the end of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment