The Voice I Choose to Hear

As my flight date to re-enter the world of traps approaches
I’m feeling the weights of society compounding my soul
burying my freedom by trying to add me to the big stewing pot.

I’m hearing my father’s words bounce around and bruise my brain
Money, secure job, house, security, secure job, money, security!!!
“Never ever turn down paid work. Never Ever!!”… His last email read.

He’s the unhappiest man I know… money, house, a secure job he works
beyond retirement age to keep the fear at bay of meeting his life face on
Realizing he has missed all the wonder, missed life… his job has been his life.

His experiences denied a true observation of their true meaning
Negative, angry, regretful, self destroying thoughts filling his
mind, skin, blood and bones, each and every cell infected to the core.

Pockets of dire uncontrollable misery collecting and slowing his pace
A paranoid world developed in preference to acceptance of what has been
what can not be undone, re-lived, re-written or acceptance of what is.

I can feed into and react no more, the poison stops here, I take a stance.
I feel no pity, no annoyance, no anger, no rage, no bitterness, no frustration
I no longer try to explain and justify my choices in life… His life his; Mine, mine.

The fearful energy I know how to shift… I know how to free myself.
I thank the magic of the universal learning’s no school could ever teach
for keeping me alive in the reality which the fearful fear the most.

My spirit defies this negative goo trying to infiltrate and suppress
it’s breath, its voice, its sense of freedom, its living in the present
My spirit speaks clearly to my heart and I hear and follow it’s path.

No comments:

Post a Comment